Pages

15 April 2010




Well, life has been buys here on It's Always Something Farms.  Which, by the way, I am searching for the perfect logo for our business cards...a smoking tractor with a farmer scratching his head (overalls and all) and maybe a chicken pecking at the wiring and a goat eating the tire.  Seems like too much to put on a card, but I am sure that I will simpify it and figure something out.

Over the last couple of days, we have been getting ready for planting and trying to firgure out what in the hell our vast majority of plants need.  Unfortunately, our tomatoes are struggling, our strawberries aren't sprouting, are peppers are growing like weeds, and I have no idea what the lavender is doing!  Well, it's doing nothing!

I gave my sister some "cilantro," only to figure out it was actually catnip! 
Oooops!!!!

I could actually smell the basil today, I wanted to harvest it and eat it.  But I thought it would be best to leave it until it is a bit more mature and probably more delicious.

Oh! Gotta go turn the chicken's brooder lamp on! Crap!!  Hummm...it was already on.  I must be straight up awesomeness or suffering from a slight case of overworked-ness.  I am going with the latter.  Being that awesome just seems to self-serving!  And I'm not feeling it....



Can you tell I planted whatever I was feeling like?

I'm worried about the non-growing Okra and Lavender...makes me a little sad.........If you have any tips or advice regarding okra, strawberries, lavender or anything garden PLEASE feel free to offer me some....I'm feeling really discombobulated over those little non-sprouts. 

But these make me happy!  Our crazy peppers and whatever else Wolf put in here, which I am not sure....which is why it will remain unlabled.  It suppose to be peppers, cucumbers (where exactly!?) and may be some tomotoes?

Your guess is as good as mine!!

In other non-plant farm chores (other than the "boring" ones - like cleaning the chicken coop and tilling the garden by hand), I've been busy painting.

Red!!!

One of my friends questioned my color choice.  Well, it was either barn door red, black, or purple.  And since I wanted it to look rather cheery, I went with "Va Va Voom," which actually goes on rather pink!  That was frightening!  (Ya, I know just ignore the temporarily chained puppy.  We got him a bit unexpectedly and haven't put a fence up yet.  It's not permanent! Still it makes me a little sad!)  Now, I just have to frame and possibly paint the window and make a shudder for it, so I can put that beat up old shower curtain to ANOTHER good use....like a garbage can liner.


Now to go attack Mount Laundry!